CainIV - 5:55 am on Oct 17, 2012 (gmt 0)
I would ensure the following if you follow and endorse the principle of Author Rank
1. Ensure sites and appropriate accounts are tagged properly and 100% complete. Use rel author tagging at your blog / content area at a minimum. Ensure you link from your social media pages to your website and blog directly
2. Build a G brand page as well. There will likely be some future changes in that regard and it takes very little time to implement while implementing authorship
3. Get a Gravatar if you do not already have one, and try and use the same email and similar profile details / image as you do in SM accounts
4. Build guest posts and targeted placements trying to adhere strongly to the above profile information. Use the opportunity to link to your Social media accounts (for branding / connection reasons, but also for reinforcement reasons)
5. Tweeting / Retweeting is helpful. Build campaigns which include your author name where possible
5. Try and build further campaigns in Adwords if budget permits based on your name as well.