klark0 - 5:36 pm on Sep 28, 2012 (gmt 0)
I did the same thing with one domain. The original site was acquired in March; it had great rankings and great content but the previous owners relied heavily on a blog network that was de-indexed, and other spammy links.
The site DID have about 120 links from good domains vs several thousands of bad ones. So right away I made the decision to move the content over to a new domain (without redirects).
Then instead of trying remove links, I contacted those 120 GOOD sites and asked them to update their broken URLs. That had about 75% success rate. It is much easier to get good links updated than it is to get bad links removed.