mslina2002 - 2:52 am on Sep 27, 2012 (gmt 0)
Difference between Panda and Penguin?
Pardon the kindergarten analogy, but this is what helped me:
Panda polices what you do inside your home (domain) and Penguin polices outside your home (domain). They work together to make sure you also play nicely and are a valuable member in the community (web).
Panda (inside domain) - Keep house clean and spotless. Don't make the cute, fat, overweight lazy Panda go from room to room unnecessarily, especially if you have tons of rooms empty (blank or thin content) or filled with junk (spam, ads, etc). He will get upset (waste of crawl budget - gets tired and cranky) and slap you before he is done.
* NO Thin content
* NO Dupe content
* not too many ads
* NO Spammy content
* NO Bad topics
* YES to usability - Panda needs to know how to go about your home - give the bear a good map, easy and direct access (as much as possible) to all rooms, etc. Good site architecture is imp.
* If enough rooms in your home are deemed "insufficient" by Panda, your whole home (site) will be affected.
Penguin (outside domain) - No false, deceptive tactics to get people through your front steps. You are part of a community so be a good community member. No misrepresentation, fake claims, fake facade to get people into your door. Offenders will have the roads to their home barred and access reduced until next update.
* YES to Quality back links and external links (Do the roads TO and FROM your home lead to bad neighborhoods and locations?)
* YES to Varied Anchor text back links
* YES to Varied Sources of backlinks
* NO to webspam
* NO Over-Optmized Internal and External Links