lucy24 - 8:16 am on Sep 23, 2012 (gmt 0)
It's not a bug, it's gwt dimwittedness. I've got something exactly analogous myself, just on a smaller order of magnitude. Two sites share a single piwik account that lives at one of the two. (This is the normal way to do piwik when you're tracking more than one site. Pick one site to hold all the files and data.) One day I open the Links tab in gwt and it's listing some absurd number of "links" from the other site to mine. The number corresponds exactly to the number of pages. One piwik call per page.
They simply can't distinguish between genuine contents links and, well, some function on Site A using a resource on Site B.