mihomes - 5:31 pm on Feb 14, 2013 (gmt 0)
I did a complete redesign of a site a f ew months ago. With the redesign I also changed page names, removed pages, changed the page structure, etc. All for the better of course, but a LOT of things changed. I did everything by the book and added 301's where applicable. I tanked as well... it was a very slow to say the least process of picking up on the 301's. I feel 404's also had something to do with this also as I monitored my wmt account - if needed I did a 301, but usually just mark the 404's as 'fixed'. Slowly the site appears to be coming back and by this it seems to do so more and more after each 'update'.