learnseo81 - 6:58 am on Jun 15, 2012 (gmt 0)
But now... does it mean that Unnatural backlinks have no effect on the rankings?
Here is what I think Google is doing :
1. Algo identifies the shady backlinks.
2. A guy in their team reviews those backlinks.
3. Disable those backlinks from helping the page and send a notice to the webmaster.
Anybody else agree with my approach? Here is more of what I think :
1. Unnatural backlinks notice is not sitewide. That is, If you have 10 pages on a site and you've shady backlinks for 1 page only, that particular page will be affected and other pages rankings will retain.
2. If you're targeting like two terms to root of your domain and "helping" backlinks get disabled, your rankings will fall from like #1 to #30 or anywhere because now your backlinks aren't helping you so your rankings will fall to where you belong. New baclinks can still help your page rise again.......
Any thoughts on this?