One of my business sites got slammed by Penguin. Not sure why, but its ranking for the most important keyword dropped several spots to #9 on the first page. For other keywords, it fell to the second page or further back.
It has been this way for almost two weeks. Today, however, I'm getting reports it is recovering for the main keyword and others as well. I'm still not seeing that change where I'm located, so today I drove around other parts of LA, checking rankings at various wifi spots. At some of them miles from my neighborhood, I am seeing the recovery, too. That's encouraging.
We did change out all the text on the site but I think that is not related to this apparent recovery. I don't think enough time has passed since the text swapout for Google to take it into account.
Just cooling my heels and waiting to see what happens over the next few days.