gyppo - 3:10 am on May 1, 2012 (gmt 0)
Welcome themaninthejar, I'm seeing a similar pattern.
I have ~8 sites to look at data & the sites with thin content are fine:
- We have one pinterest type site which is image bookmarking related & it has doubled in traffic
- A forum with lots of diverse posts is fine.
- Loyalty site with lots of unique content, however it's all written by me (similar writing style?) has been hammered. We do have a /blog/ on this domain which could be impacting our main content - hard to tell.
- Same loyalty site however in a different country, same page format & writing style but less pages. This one has been unaffected. Similar backlink structure to the main loyalty site, just less links & less diverse sources.
- Same loyalty site format spread across subdomains (we were testing some merchants on subdomains on a different domain). Rankings are stable but traffic is down 60%, this domain has at least 1000 words per page.
I think page similarity & reuse of language could be an issue with Panda. I definitely do not suspect any of our sites are impacted by Penguin.