adder - 8:49 am on Apr 23, 2012 (gmt 0)
Here's a situation:
I run several sites in closely related niches. Some of the sites display the same product reviews, in effect creating a duplicate content issue.
Although the product reviews make up less than 2% of the total site content (and the remaining 98% is original content) I have a feeling I need to address it as soon as possible.
I don't want to remove the reviews from the sites because the content is actually read by the visitors. So I'll choose my most important site as the main host of the reviews. What should I do with the reviews on the sister sites?
1. Use noindex meta, specify the pages in robots.txt and request the page removal via Webmaster Tools
2. Simply remove the text and replace the pages with iframe displaying the reviews.
Which would be your preferred method (or maybe you have another suggestion)?