BaseballGuy - 4:03 pm on Apr 25, 2012 (gmt 0)
- Several years old.
- Old style link building, Niche directories, BOTW, DMOZ, asking Webmasters for links, link out to quality sites only. Linked in from manufacturers, niche professional associations, etc.
- Specific pages hit, not entire site, but the main pages, in the main menus were hit the hardest, which leads us to feel its an over optimization, anchor text thing.
- Business name (same as domain) still ranks #1, shows sitelinks, etc.
I'm seeing the same thing:
- several years old
- 3? years ago hired a couple of Indians for a few months to build links, never saw increase in rankings so stopped using them and started with more "white hat" methods.....guest blog posts etc.
- My business name still ranks
- specific internal pages were hit hard (they don't show up anywhere)