Whitey - 11:44 pm on Mar 26, 2012 (gmt 0)
They are seeing improved rankings today, up 2 or 3 positions on their best kws.
@Tedster - is that bringing them close to pre Panda levels ? If not, where will you be targeting the next level of improve?
btw - I'm hearing some folks relying on a bit of trust improvement in the Panda recovery mix. Can anyone add or confirm that, and what they feel that may include.
Some observations on this latest March update for a bunch of sites that are in remedial phases, having previously :
- blocked all non performing pages [ saw 30% lift in Oct ]
- added content gradually to all indexable pages [ by Dec 31 ], then gradually released more pages with new content on them
- made UI improvements to all but home page and product pages [ which are currently blocked ] and being worked on.
- Nothing happened with social buzz fresh /signals. Needs to be implemented.
1. Not all sites with same design / code base have responded the same
2. Site's with highest trust [ backlinks ] have shown the earliest signs of partial, but minor improvement. No improvement on sites with few backlinks even though they have the highest TBPR and lowest number of pages.
3.Core - competitive 2 word terms - no change
4.Semi Core - medium competitive terms - all moved up a few notches in March
5.Long Tail - non existent
Traffic has hardly moved with those "semi core" improvements in  as they contribute little compared to the long tail around the core terms.