Content_ed - 2:23 pm on Dec 9, 2011 (gmt 0)
My original experiment is still going strong with one caveat. The "problem" page I talked about in the thread about trusted and untrusted sections on a single page hasn't been reindexed since I completely rewrote it Wednesday night. So every other page in the collection is getting over 200 visitors a day from Google and this page is getting just TWO! For those who didn't read the other thread, this is a page that was ripped off and syndicated both in whole and in parts, with Google reporting tens of thousands of copies of various parts. I'll feel a lot better when they take another look at it.
I've been keeping an eye on SiteLinks, and while Google has dropped all the pages I moved from the SiteLinks for the old site, they still show them immediately after the six-pack as returns for the old domain, even though the URL shown is the new domain. No idea how long that takes to resolve.
The experiment I started Tuesday with 301'ing an entire subject off my main site to another domain has already kicked in, with partial day results from Thursday indicating that those pages will draw at their pre-Panda levels. Interestingly, I had Google Alerts in place for URLs from the main site, of the form, www.mainsite.com, and Google sent me a notification for the most important page that got moved this morning. But Google Alerts was always flaky, so who knows.
If nothing else, I'm having fun with this stuff for the first time in many years.