flanok - 11:13 am on Jul 13, 2011 (gmt 0)
I, like probably many of you have looked through this forum for answers of what we can do to recover from this Panda 2.2 update.
The truth is I am seeing an awful lot of “we have lost this and lost that” and very little of “we did this and got better” results.
I thought it may be an idea to restrict one thread to “Things That Have Worked” whilst we all experiment with content, links and everything else.
Let’s leave all the other chat to other posts, and if you have found something that gave you some sort of return form Panda 2.2 then lets post it here.
I will start will some small gains.
My losses consisted of many pages losing 5 to 10 places for key terms. I.e. first to second page rankings, across the board leading to a 30% traffic reduction. But not huge rankings loses that have been reported from other members.
I noticed I had a big issue with existing “SUPPORTING” pages no longer being cached within Google’s index (or appeared not to be) around a third of my site. I got this message when clicking on the cached link per each page. (My key pages that had most rankings still were cached.)
Your search - cache: Mysitepage: Did not match any documents.
At first I thought Google had an issue with my SUPPORTING content, so I moved this section (around 2000 pages to a subdomain, all handwritten over a long period, but in honesty probably lacks real data).
These SUPPORTING pages also did not cache after 3 weeks (only a very small quality were cached).
What I Did
3 days ago, I went into webmaster tools and increased the crawl rate for these supporting pages and in 3 days have seen a dramatic increase in how many pages now show as cached.
As all these pages had important internal links throughout the site to my KEY pages, I believe I am now regaining these internal links to my KEY pages .(or as now on a subdomain these may now be classed as external links to my KEY pages ).
Sure enough this morning I saw not a full return, but saw several KEY pages return back to first page status. There are still around 50% of these supporting pages to be cached, so I keep finders crossed for further gains.
I had also added links from my home page deeper into key pages that had been linked from internal pages, but does not account for all the improvements just some.
This is not a full return but a big enough indicator, for me to understand maybe if it was the quality of content, moving it to another subdomain has helped.
But also there is still a lot of uncached information out there and I do not think we will see the full status until all pages within google are rechached under Panda.
Of course this is all just my opinion only, even if you disagree with my comments and have your own solutions please post them here.