nippi - 4:40 am on Jun 20, 2011 (gmt 0)
I'm sorry, I'm simply not in favor of manufacturer deescriptions.
(1) Usually they are too short.
(2) if google does not want 50 pages of results with the same wording, why would they favor your page over another if both ahve the same content?
(3) It's often in US style rather than Australian English which for me is not good.
(4) It pays no attention to keywords.
(5) its often got links to the manufacturers site in it, which I don't want.
(6) Its usually ..... crap and boring.
eg Blue cotton party dress with white frills and a white print. Prewashed/ color fast. Adjustable waist
This beatufiul little party number is sure to delight your little girl. In a divine summery blue embellished with white frills and a modern Bali themed print, it's suitable as both a party, formal or even an "I just feel like wearing a pretty dress down to the park" dress.
It can be worn above or below the knee and the waist is adjustable to fit differernt sizes. The material is 100% lightweight cotton, is very soft, prewashed and shrunk so it will keep its colours, shape and size after washing.
I write product descriptions that give more information, allow the shopper to bond with them. I get unqiue content, and descriptions that convert more customers. It works. No competitors in my marketplace other than me do it, and none rank as well for shop products(now that I'm unpandaed)
Ok, if you are selling tvs and computer parts, not sure what you can do to redescribe such items... but for me its rewrite all the way