brinked - 6:42 am on Apr 22, 2011 (gmt 0)
Alright so one of my sites just recovered from panda. Its a site I bought a few months ago and have mostly neglected but it earned a decent income (all adsense). Site had 3 adsense ads on every page, I removed them all, since the panda update it was only making about $5 a day anyway.
Site has about 80 pages, all with unique content, its an old site, really should have never been hit IMO. Here is what I did:
- removed all adsense ads from every page
- Updated the homepage text a little bit, added some and tweaked some old text.
- removed duplicate meta descriptions (there were 6 pages that had identical meta descriptions)
That is all. I am encouraged that it only took about a week for the panda to gets its paws off. I wish my other site was recovered but its much bigger and many more pages. I am not sure if it was one thing or a series of things...to be more clear, there was one adsense ad at the top posing as a top navigation and then two of the smaller banners 1 above content and one below it.