sailorjwd - 1:03 pm on Mar 5, 2011 (gmt 0)
Search vs Adsense.
My site got hit by about 20% lower visitors.
Years ago I was resistant to Adsense recommendations and only had 1 ad per page. Over the last couple of years I've started to implement their suggestions:
1) put your ads in the visual hot spot - done
2) you don't have enough ads per page - ok now 3-4 ads
3) enable image, animated ads - turned 1/2 ads to image
Now we are going to use the George Castanza philosophy with Adsense suggestions (do the opposite).
1) move ads to just below the visual hotspot.
2) reduce ads to one text block and one adlink
3) use primarily text ads
The adsense income was nice but we need visitors to run a consulting biz!