universetoday - 6:05 am on Mar 3, 2011 (gmt 0)
Here's what I'm doing:
- Merging and purging similar articles.
- Getting nice writer bios. I have writer bio pages for everyone, but I'm going to include them on the actual articles, so people can see their PhDs, careers at space agencies, and work as physics teachers.
- Better internal links. I'm going to do a big round of internal linking to make sure that every article is well supported internally.
- Improve content quality. I'm going to look for lower quality, thin content pages and improve them as best I can. I'll also significantly improve the articles that were already ranking well, to make them really good, and worthy of rank 1.
- Sources. I'm going to have a writer go through my articles and find good sources for the things we say, especially sources that go back to scientific journals, etc.
- Create some new content that's extremely high quality. Detailed on-hand reviews, educational resources for teachers, etc.
- more graphics, pullquotes, infographics, photos, text design to make the pages look better.