hispdcha - 5:53 pm on Mar 21, 2011 (gmt 0)
Quick Update - We implemented the new listings sitemap on February 25th. We went with the full 25,000 pages all at once. I know it wasn't what we planned but we just went for it. Turns out, it was a good idea, here are some stats as of today just under a month later.
Pages Indexed: 10,900
SE Traffic Increase: 8.0%+
We went with two separate sitemaps, a listings sitemap and a content sitemap. All things seem to be rolling along fine. One thing I want to add. It took about two weeks before Google started showing the the bulk of the new indexed listings pages. They would index a few at a time for the first couple weeks but it started to show A LOT more about two weeks in and it continues to increase everyday.
Also, crawl rates went through the roof in the first week and just last week it exploded again. First week of new pages we saw 800 pages crawled a day and as I look at WMT today, we hit a peak of 1,800 over the weekend. Thanks for all the advice and I'll update again in a month to see how we stand.