sem4u - 3:25 pm on Mar 8, 2011 (gmt 0)
I have a problem with Google changing the title tag of a page in the SERPs for certain queries. The problem is that the title in the SERPs is displaying an offer, but the actual offer in the title and the page is half of what is displayed on Google.
It is possibly using title content that was on this page before (if the page has been reused). I have checked internal and external links and the title is not coming from any anchor text. I have updated the title / H1 tag slightly and built a new external link to this page to see if it can be crawled again soon to try and get the right title tag added to the search results.
The problem is that the page is in support for an upcoming TV campaign and it looks bad if the offer is wrong in the SERPs.