Brett_Tabke - 5:48 pm on Feb 13, 2011 (gmt 0)
> But, when done properly, SEO will produce long lasting
> benefits that require only slight upkeep
You are quickly into that gray area where SEO does or does not equal information architecture. I am slowly stepping a foot into the anything you can do on your own site is not SEO anymore camp.
New SEO 2011:
- Social Signals (twitter, Fb, Blogs, Linkedin, 4sq, gowalla, Flikr, Picasa, YouTube, misc Profiles).
- Quality (not quantity) backlinks.
- External brand references (not links).
- Analytic traffic signals (pageviews, uniques, locations, paths)
- Advertising signals (Affiliate Programs, PPC plays)
- Local signals.
Info Architecture (old/dying SEO):
- Using keywords in prominent locations.
- Directory and site structure.
- Valid code.