rowtc2 - 10:28 am on Feb 26, 2011 (gmt 0)
Here my observations:
- traffic drop on 24 February
- comparing US traffic 24-25 feb with 22-23 Feb results 43% drop in Analytics
- some pages are ranking better and drive more traffic, but are a few searches
- pages replaced in top results have 100% copied content
- sites replaced in top results have stronger link profile (and paid links)
- increased crawled page activity in GWT
- searching by page title with long tail(4-5 keywords) some pages are hidden in results for 4 keywords searched, but appear for 5 keywords search in page 1.
Interesting: searching for 2 affected sites site:example.com not showing homepage at first result, like was before. For competitor sites who are not affected shows homepage at first result.
For me it looks is not finished their re-calculation job.
1. No content farms or sites with copied content are affected. My hard worked pages with reviews are not visible, in top are pages with NO original content.
2. It looks high searched keywords on Google are affected. I have a low quality site with little original content and traffic is up with 13% from US, but didn't ranked well for competitive keywords.
Since weekends and holidays of work from 4 years are almost vanished, I don't know what to say. I am thinking at on-page factors and backlink profile, to find a clue. Also i hope for a recovery, an algo tweak. Is a massacre, like someone said.