1. These are not spammy sites, just unrelated
2. Now had a chance to look at some of these, two in particular, both profile pages, one just has "Sorry, this account is no longer active", they both have <30 very low quality profile links to them with the keywords, looks as though some blackhatter has been testing Google ;( and it worked !
3/4.Nah, these are just crap, ehow and worse
5. Totally unrelated to the keywords, not only that but the sheer number of them
6. Good but short content, some relevance.
8. Yes but its in FRENCH ! also there are more foreign ccTLDs .za .au .nz .ca .se
The point is there is an increased number of far worse results low in the serps compared to previously, secondly this crap is outranking some very good sites, which I can only assume have been penalized for some reason or another, and perhaps unjustifiably so?)