anteck - 11:37 pm on Jan 29, 2011 (gmt 0)
I have a site that was two years old, very popular, high rankings for popular keywords. I had to move the site due to domain name trademark issues. So, i 301'ed the domain, properly with wildcard, etc. The perfect way to redirect.
1 Month later, most of my high rankings were gone. Slowly, i've rebuilt the site up and it's now at about 20% of the previous traffic levels... nothing like what it was.
However, a few scraper sites started posting the content on my site via the RSS Feed. It never was a problem... until i moved the site.
Now, any exact match search on any article published on my site returns the scraper @ #1. My site is hidden... down the page or in supplemental results.
The RSS feed (& the scraper) publish my posts which clearly say 'this post is brought to you by... (my site name & url link)'
Whatever changed they have made, they are NOT working. This scraper site has NO ORIGINAL CONTENT and still ranks #1 and over ranks my site, the original source of content...