tedster - 12:28 am on Jan 14, 2011 (gmt 0)
I've done something like what you are considering, and the site did show an incremental increase in search traffic to "internal" pages. This was back in 2009, and things certainly may have changed since then.
To be more exact, we differentiated the title elements at the first character, and we also scripted some extra goodies at the end
2. Widgets for Her | [first on page] - [last on page]
We also made sure that the navigational links channeled link equity to those deeper pages. The other step we took was not allowing other "faceted navigation" to be indexed - just one version of each list.
Someday I hope for a project where we can create internal links that are more than "1 | 2 | 3 | 4". I'm thinking a little bit of anchor text for those links might help, too. So far budget restrictions tabled that idea.