mhansen - 7:57 pm on Oct 13, 2010 (gmt 0)
tried that already a few times...
I feel your pain... and still have my own battle scars from the last time I used the WMF at Google! :-) I lost 80% of Gorgle referred organic search traffic on June 02, 2010 also. I found it was an identity crisis on my site...
A few things I can almost guarantee WON'T make a difference.
- Ranting in the reinclusion request form. (Oops, I kinda lost it) I think that added 35-40 days to my site being looked at, or gave them several days to laugh about the message! They don't care that my 4 kids wont eat tonight!
- Changing servers. I moved the site to a dedicated box, incurred almost $700 in server fees (Lost on my other one that was prepaid for the year also) and lost 2 days of work setting it all up.
- Pointing to spam or useless scraper sites that have since, replaced you in the serps. They don't care... its algo driven and an AUTOMATIC filter is in place.
And now a few things that DID SEEM TO HELP...
- Realizing that I was on my own and Gorgle was NOT going to change a thing, or offer anything other than gray help in understanding why!
- Press releases that get into Google news! If you have something to write about, do it and spend the $50/pop to get it in front of the press.
- ON-site link funneling and shaping. If you have the ability to drive links internally, this was another factor for me. (Or maybe it wasn't, but seems to help!)
I wish there was something more to say... I am no authority by any means... just sharing what seemed to work for me. Traffic has been slowly pogo-sticking its way back ever since.
Edit for spelling.