justguy - 1:53 pm on Jul 9, 2010 (gmt 0)
More feedback for the "new and fresh" Google :(
We run vertical specialist B2B news sites ; all have 20 stories or so written each day by journalists - most unique content with interviews, comment and analysis. No Press Release spamming in sight.
- Organic Google to our news traffic down by 30%. Google traffic to our market research reports down by 60%.
- Some items linked from home page are not even indexed by Google - yet alone in real time. This is despite Googlebot visiting multiple times per hour.
- Searches for rich text based content pages show them buried underneath either the home page or a content index page.
- PDF files vastly preferred to their HTML page counterparts
- Short tail searches much better, long tail all over the place; completely unpredictable despite weeks of analysis
- News bot also random - one ites now rarely indexed, other doing perfectly well.
- Weeks of optimising page load speed has resulted in our reported load times increasing.
In summary, utter shambles. No idea how this has benefited users.