flicky - 6:35 pm on Jul 18, 2010 (gmt 0)
I mentioned this before, but this is becoming a serious pattern here... anyone seen something similar:
As I mentioned, I've enjoyed top 10 positions for hundreds of very high quality, very competitive keyword combinations over the years. Since the code upgrade all of those were wiped and what's happening is that from time to time one of these will reappear in a position slightly better than before the chance. Within 24-48 hours it's gone again. This happens randomly and each time it's a different keyword phrase.
1. a keyword phrase will reappear in google for 24-48 hours
2. during this time a search for the title of this page will return #1
3. once it goes away, a keyword search for the title will NOT return the page at all.
This is maddening! I'm praying someone else has seen such strange behavior.
I've deduced this down to two possibilities:
1. Google is testing my pages one at a time
2. Google brings my page back, notices something wrong and removes it.