imbckagn - 1:41 am on May 26, 2010 (gmt 0)
If you want to figure out whats going on everyone needs to be on the same page and solve one problem at a time. I think the best place to start is to hear from those who have built links from May 4th till now. I'm choosing May 4th because the Google interface/algorithm changed for most people on May 4th.
So I think the focus should be:
1. What day did your rankings drop?
2. Did you loose main keywords, longtail or both?
3. Have you acquired backlinks after May 4th?
4. What type of links did you acquire?
5. Have you seen an improvement in your rankings?
At least this way we can figure out if Google is discounting links. I'll start and if anyone feels this is a decent idea they can follow.
1. May 4th
2. Main and some longtail
4. 65 Blog post contextual links
5. Haven't budged