pavlovapete - 12:20 am on May 24, 2010 (gmt 0)
Erm - I'm not logged in and I am using it now.
Here are the steps again.
2. Click "New Check out the New Keyword Tool (beta)."
3. Drill down into the category tree. I use the top one, then the next top one and then the last child - as an example
4. After you click on the final child category the "Keyword ideas" list should be populated - you'll notice brand names in there.
5. Above the category tree, in the "Find Keywords" section of the page, is the "Advanced options" link. Click that and select (for example) Country: Japan and Language: Japanese
6. Now click the "Search" button at the bottom left of the "Find Keywords" box.
7. The "Keyword Ideas" list is repopulaed with Japanese characters - and my early tests indicate there are brand names familiar to Japanese users in that list!
I hope you can see it so we can discuss.