Doing a search for site:example.com returns our normal result along with this result in the 26th place.
And what does it mean. Do you think that this could be an opening salvo in a bid to hijack rankings? Are there anymore steps that i need to take, to ensure that I am not adversely affected by it?
A little background
1) Site is in a very competitive sector.
2) One of the biggest competitors has suddenly woken up to the fact that SEO exists and has gone full fledged Grey hat (as usual with big companies, they are using an external agency) in creating large amounts of spam sites which all point back to them. Looking at these sites, you can see that they are grey hats in the best of the cases.
3) We have a GWT account and a sitemap. All urls have been crawled.
4) We recently did sitewide 301 redirects for all pages (except homepage) from a lengthy non-optimal url to another lengthy but optimal url.
5) All the new urls have displaced the old ones and are starting to rank for the pages they replaced.
Should i be worried? Should i be boosting up my site's immunity?