aok88 - 11:46 pm on Dec 15, 2007 (gmt 0) 1. I have an aged site with strong PR and many incoming links. 8. Problem: B-theme is the main source of my income from this site.
Here's the problem in a nutshell:
2. The home page is about A, but there are also many text links in the footer that are about B.
3. Until Dec 4, any new page I added and linked to from the home page---whether it was about A or B---got ranked in top 10 within days. In fact, any pages I created that were about A or B got ranked great (Page 1 results) even if they weren't linked to from the homepage.
4. After Dec 4, the only new pages that I can get ranked high are about A.
5. If the newly added pages are about B, they get ranked in position 60-70.
6. Linking to the new page about B from footer or from the main body makes no difference. And I now changed the homepage to be a good combination of A and B and that has not made any affect on my B rankings.
7. Assumption: Google began discounting any B-themed links.
9. Question: How do you convince Google to start counting B-themed links again?
1. I have an aged site with strong PR and many incoming links.
8. Problem: B-theme is the main source of my income from this site.