Yes, I have several pages back and they have stayed back.
I can't be certain of what brought them back. I know one contents page was brought back by a good inbound link. But the others I used kind of a scatter gun approach. I tried several things at once like decreasing word/phrase density, changing the page title, and changing or cutting back on links with the related anchor text.
Since then I've added some things back. I don't think it was the titles that were causing the problem. But it appears that cutting back on internal linking did help. So it's worth trying that.
I should say though, I think I'm one of those people who are kind of on the edge of the filter. I lost two directories and a few other scattered pages. I didn't lose most of all of my site like some people did.