rytis - 4:09 am on Jan 31, 2007 (gmt 0) Protest.
* Show different content to visitors and bots
* Show different content to different bots
* Disable particular SEs and allow other SEs (pages/sites designed for specific engines)
* Use of scripts to position PPC ad under your mouse when you try to navigate, and similar tricks using technology, ooops this is thievery not only crap
* Call for bookmarking or telling a friend
A high bounce rate (surfers clicking back on their browser and selecting another search result).
Could be article too scientific for avg user, shop in the face of information seeker or information in the face of shopper, of which none is crap. Instead, a quick return to same search is a signal of honesty as opposed to long time spent on site to only realize after some time that everything is fluff and the site's purpose is to keep you as long as possible and maybe click an ad in desperation.