cbpayne - 10:49 pm on Nov 20, 2004 (gmt 0) Here are the numbers: If thats an effect of the sandbox, what is? <added> - just seen Powdorks reply.
I was not a huge fan of the sandbox theory as many sites I looked at that claimed to be sandboxed, just ranked poorly (and they deserved to). BUT, BUT, I put a new site up 3 months ago and its well and truely sandboxed (and it uses adsense!)
- new domain prevously un-registered - 4 months old
- got PR2 in last update (site only had few links at time of update) - should be >PR5 now.
- moderativly competitve term - 'Widgets'
- site called 'Widgets Arena'
- ranks number one for 'Widgets Arena' (no one else has this name) and a couple of other non searched for terms
- listed in DMOZ and many other directories (not Yahoo)
- >150 links (other than DMOZ clones), many with PR>4
- 50 or so of the links are on topic
- ranks number one for allinanchor:widgets
- all my experience tells me it should rank 2nd or 3rd for Widgets
- NOT RANKED IN FIRST 1000!
-Googebot on the site every day for lengthy periods of time
-site did migrate from DMOZ to Google Directory, but then Google directory reverted to earlier version
Here are the numbers:
If thats an effect of the sandbox, what is?
<added> - just seen Powdorks reply.