I know your probably having a laugh, but G-man's Post count, probably makes him a lot less of a phantom than you think.
My greviances with some of your points, though i think it is an insightful attempt to clarify Google's standpoint on the scheme of things.
7) Having the Google Toolbar is a helpful tool.
disagree very stongly. Outside of its obvious charms, its a tracking tool for us webmasters and all that for Google HQ > read the I Agree part.
11) Use All the Web dot come to check back links to see all links regardless of PR. [personal choice]
Agreed. Excellant tool, started playing with it as soon as i found it could not believe the information available - heck off a lot more than G publishes on the net.
17) Google doesn't always 'take' the page you optimize for, but instead will utilize the index page because that's usually the page with the highest PR.
disagree. Good optimization of a site will allow G's algo to disseminate the site into its rightful SERP listings - forget PR - G's algo is way beyond that.
20) Google updates their index on a loose average of once per month. GoogleGuy will specifically not push the button until he has seen enough people wimper/moan/worry/cry/beg/plead/ and generally have a nervous breakdown.
Have to agree with GG on this, i can't see any ryhme or reason why G would hold off or disrupt the update patterns, too wind up a few members on webmasterworld and other forums. I would be more inclined to think that they are either tweaking the algo, or doing something on a more manual basis - it truely is very complicated stuff.
22) The Google Dance is when all the SERP's mix around, PR is handed out...upgraded, downgraded, penalties are seen, reinclusions requests are seen and basically your life is on the line. ;)
Yes. only if you put all your eggs in one basket - their is more than one search engine to skin a cat with, and google while enjoying the fame, is only one of many.
28) You need a _HUGE_ amount of patience before you or your clients see results from SEO work. While one index may help, we analyze, learn and change...
50/50 its about money, if you've got it, and you have the right sort of people around, patience need not count. If your doing it cheap, as the vast majority of pro/semi-pro/and amatuers are - then patience helps.
29) Google doesn't care if your website ranks highly regardless of whether you feel you have the best offerings for that search phrase. As long as Google serves relevant results normal people have no idea that they are 'missing you'.
Whose Fault is THAT. mmm! Thats why most people are here, though not only becuase of G.