rocknbil - 4:30 pm on Jan 26, 2012 (gmt 0)
An older site that needed updating. Using the USPS Rate Calculator V4 API, the problem is only when the package type is LARGE and the requested rates are ALL. The usage is I first request all, which outputs a list of available services from which the user chooses.
The current XML I send to USPS:
These are test values you may drop into a test and sub out your user id. The program properly uses the production URL and the RateV4 domestic API.
Invalid XML Element content is invalid according to the DTD/Schema. Expecting: ReturnLocations, ReturnServiceInfo, ShipDate. line= 11 pos= 10
- Line 11 is the machinable line (right?) :-\
- The documentation claims all three of those are optional. The documentation is really sparse, and see no indication that these three are required for large packages in combination with all services.
- Note I've added dummy values for the three missing attributes. Same error.
- I have tried it with and without a Girth value, no difference.
- Selecting a single service (such as priority mail, example) functions fine. It's only in combination with packages large and all services.
- This post only comes after hours of searching on the web and this board.
Not that it matters, it's programmed in Perl and was functioning fine in versions 2 and 3.