Webwork - 3:37 pm on Sep 12, 2011 (gmt 0)
That would usually be good advice, robho, except for the statement in paragrapn (c). IF the paragraph (c) status quo remains true (DD won't release. "Legal owner" won't act to effect a release) then it would appear the only solution will be to take legal action - which may include 1) convincing a court that DD's position holds no water based on ICANN policies, etc.; 2) joining the "Legal Owner" to compel him/her to act or otherwise sue for damages; and, 3) possibly seeking sanctions if DD's actions are lacking in merit.
Quite a mess, all for the sake of a domain name. Hopefully it's a domain worth the effort and expense.