jedimonkey - 11:03 pm on Jan 29, 2011 (gmt 0)
This happened to me a couple of times.... one for a domain registered to a company and one for a domain registerd to a person who went bankrupt. Both were .co.uk domains
In both cases we spoke to the appointed administrator/insolvency company - and asked what was happening to the domain names. They weren't sure.
We called them every Monday/Wednesday/Friday. Eventually we noticed that the registration for the domains changed to the administrator..... we kept calling them. We were told they were trying to value them, so we went to a broker and got them to put an offer in on our behalf. The offer was accepted and days later we had them registered to us.
The previous Registrar company were being a pain about moving it to our account (same Registrar) so we opened a new account, paid Nominet £10 to change the Registrar tag, and it was in our hands hours later for setting up.