MamaDawg - 1:20 pm on Jan 18, 2011 (gmt 0)
I have a couple of domains with GD ... I sometimes register there or have things pushed to me. I transfer out at first renewal.
1) That AJAX hot mess of a control panel - it's awkward and slow.
2) Dislike their business practices. Most people will probably never have a problem with them, but heaven help you if there's an ALLEGED problem, because they will immediately side with the accusing party and take action based upon accusations before determining out if the action is justified. Horror stories abound.
3) Looking for coupons is a waste of my time, and there isn't always a coupon for what I need it's easy to find coupons to register domains. Renewals? Not so much. My preferred registrar is much less than their "regular" prices, only slightly more than the coupon prices.
4) Privacy at my registrar - free. Always. No coupon, unlimited domains.
5) How many times do you hear of domains being stolen from a GD account? Additional security at my registrar - account AND domain level - also free. Always. No coupon clipping.
6) GD's commercials and marketing message overwhelmingly target a 20-30-something male audience. While I'm not "offended" by the material, it makes a negative statement about my value to them as a customer.
PS: Not a fan of trashy fast food either - that organic pizza sounds good :)!