- - WebmasterWorld
- -- Domain Names
- ---- Do Domain Names Even Matter Anymore?
Webwork - 3:10 am on Jan 2, 2009 (gmt 0)
|Do Domain Names Even Matter Anymore? |
Same as they always have:
- They offer curb appeal, instilling a sense that "this will be good" even before you get in for a ride: Cars.tld? I'll take it.
- They offer street cred, the wow factor: LosAngeles.tld? I'll take it.
- They lower upfront costs of branding a name/domain to a service/product: Diamonds.tld? I'll take it.
- They come equipped with built in traffic: News.tld? I'll take it.
- They have an easier time capturing repeat visits: Sex.tld? I'll take it.
- They facilitate word of mouth referrals: History.com? I'll take it.
Anyone who says an industry defining domain isn't an asset that can yield steady dividends is full of Bologna.com [Bologna.com].
[edited by: Webwork at 2:43 pm (utc) on Jan. 2, 2009]
Thread source: http://www.webmasterworld.com/domain_names/3816053.htm
Brought to you by WebmasterWorld: http://www.webmasterworld.com