jeowind - 6:24 am on Apr 28, 2006 (gmt 0) - Cash is King -
been at the e-commerce game for about 2 years now. left my full time job last November and can offer these bits of hard-earned advice:
- Resist the temptation to finance ANYTHING with a credit card
- Always ask if there is a way to get a better price.
- look for non-traditional ways to get your product at better prices. i.e. ebay wholesale lots, china (its not as difficult as you think), india (little more difficult), etc...
- Did i mention that cash on hand is critical
- Don't waste money on flash (and i dont mean the programming code). Capital goes fast, so dont spend on unecessary expenses (like lawyers) PERSONAL OPINION WARNING - How do you stop a lawyer from drowning? Take ur foot off his head.
- WORK YOUR A** OFF - If you dont, your competition will
- Adapt when necessary
- Be prepared to have your social life suffer. It doesnt have to all the time, but i can remember many saturday nights that were spent programming my first site.
- And finally, work hard and always have cash on hand!
- Cash is King -