xg1746 - 5:03 pm on Dec 4, 2012 (gmt 0)
I am new to this forum but have run an ecommerce site for about 12years. I will be soon opening another site with different products. My existing site runs a PHP based cart system I built from scratch. It works but has some rough edges and functionality customized for the specific business.
For the new site I am looking to start over with a different cart, mainly to save time rather than adapting what I already have. What I am looking for in a cart is:
- Open access to source for modification
- Paypal, google checkout integration
- Multiple shipping options (manual is preferred do not need carrier APIs)
- Coupon codes and affiliate codes
- Prefer PHP and SQL based, could live with PERL
I have looked into OpenCart but reviews are mixed and I do not like the modules required for almost any feature.
Ideally I would like to find a 'core' of a cart (DB, transaction and payment) which is secure and stable and then add display and backend stuff myself.
What can you recommend?