CPC_Andrew - 3:41 pm on Dec 8, 2011 (gmt 0)
In short, yes. Here's a few tips that your website should embody:
1. Thin pages are like bamboo. The panda (Google) will eat them. Duplicate content is another example of a bamboo page. The ultimate question each page should be asking is, do I stand out from the crowd?
2. Would you trust information from this site? Would you give this website your CC details? Does this site provide original content?
3. Get positive reviews!
4. Find advocates for your brand. Bloggers in your industry, etc, who can write about your products or deals and link back to your site.
5. A clean sitemap is key. Check out yours here: [ipullrank.com...]
6. Source user opinions. Have third parties analyze the effectiveness of your website.
7. A-B test pages.
These are notes taken from a Distilled webinar on SEO for ecommerce. The slides aren't public but I'll post a link to them when they are. Hope this helps!