- list your full contact information including a physical street address and a toll-free phone number. if you have a home-based business, spend the $15 a month and get a private mailbox that has a physical address. same goes for the phone number. $10 a month for toll-free makes a difference. also, have a professional sounding phone system and voice mail message. hire a professional to record the messages for you.
- have a professional email address or email ticketing system, and respond to emails quickly. include your company details in email signatures.
- display your ssl seal, authorize.net or other merchant seal, credit card logos, etc.. i personally don't see the need to spend thousands on McAfee when you can establish trust much cheaper.
- show some photos on your "about" page: either photos of your office, your employees, yourself, your warehouse, anything. sharing photos with customers makes you seem real. you are real, show them.
- don't try to fake out customers. people can smell phonies. just be real, be authentic, and provide good service. good service is like good karma, it will come back to you.