rainborick - 10:51 pm on Apr 10, 2012 (gmt 0)
I apologize. I was in a crazy mood the other day, but I didn't want to put anybody on the spot.
I did a little research and found some information about what I had in mind. I intended to suggest that a <Files> directive could be used to manage this issue in one fell swoop. You could use something like:
Header set X-Robots-Tag "noindex"
This example only works with the named file, but you can expand it to use regular expressions by preceding the file name with a "~" or by using <FilesMatch>. If you wanted to assign this header to a directory, you could use the <Directory> directive instead as well. Both Google and Bing support this feature.