TomVDJ - 1:29 pm on May 11, 2011 (gmt 0)
Hello, I'm new here, and also new in making web layouts with div's (always used tables before). I'm trying to create this layout with divs:
1. The width of the site content (= width of top banner) is fixed (900 px). The empty spaces left and right each take up 50% of the space.
2. The top banner has a fixed height (100 px).
3. The menu has a fixed width (150 px) but height resizes with the browser.
4. The illustration fields have fixed height (20 px) and fixed width (750 px).
5. The content part would have to be a div that resizes with the browser, with inside this div an iframe that also resizes (in height) with the browser, so that the scrollbar (when needed) appears at the content. I was planning to create the space between the content div (with background image) and Iframe with padding.
This illustration below should clarify my explanation.
I'm really having trouble achieving this layout with divs. Can someone help me out here?
Link to schema of what I want to realize. [webdesignforum.com]