Brett_Tabke - 11:50 am on Jul 3, 2000 (gmt 0) - Alta, more serious knowledgable users. As for referrals: Alta 18%
SE demographic data is a very interesting topic. From what I've felt;
- Ask Jeeves, second teir newbies; "where do I find a search engine?"
- Yahoo, a general cross section of users with a higher percentage of kids and women. A touch less tech savvy.
- Lyco's. Higher percentage of college age kids. (mp3, pictures, pop culture).
- Google. Who knows. You get only a third of the available refering data becausing thier content piracy.
- Hotbot, a good cross section of users. Some new, some tech, some old, some young.
- Infoseek. Greater percentage of women. I thought we'd see more kids with the Disney alliance, but that has made no difference.
combined meta engines 15%
web crawler 6%
fast/all the web 2%
rest...other engines and recip links.
- Alta, more serious knowledgable users.
As for referrals: