littlecubpanda - 10:57 pm on Jul 2, 2013 (gmt 0)
1) Are there any affiliate programs that pay for clicks/impressions vs. sales? (Let me guess: "No")
2) Is Clickbank the best? What are the others?
3) Why do some affiliate sites not provide ANY affiliate banners/links/marketing tools? It would take maybe an hour of time to set up a simple affiliate page w/ banners and marketing info, but I've noticed a lot of Clickbank sites don't even bother!
4) One site I checked (which appeared to have very high 'gravity' on Clickback) forces you (the customer) to go to a 30 minute forced flash presentation with no exterior links. You can't even click on the main page once you're there, you're just stuck, watching this awful presentation. Is this how this stuff is supposed to generate sales?
5) Can/couldn't affiliates potentially negatively affect Adsense clicks yet utterly fail to make up for that lost revenue in later sales? I would suspect so. Unless you have very high traffic, affiliate ads will draw traffic away from your site yet you might be lucky to convert one or two sales a month, if at all. Meanwhile, you've lost a lot of potential Adsense clicks.
6) Do you need 10,000+ traffic a day for this to be viable? Because that's what I'm guessing.
(Sorry if this is too many questions, feel free to delete)