lucy24 - 7:51 pm on May 29, 2013 (gmt 0)
Posting here so I can add stuff as I think of it.
Every few years, someone drifts by and applies some spit-and-polish to the Forums software. Here are some things I'd like to see.
* explicit file encoding. Ahem. Nuff said.
* shouldn't urls in https be auto-linked same as ones in http? Seems more like an oversight than a deliberate choice.
* "new posts" flag should exclude your own posts
* idea to swipe from php/bb3 (wasn't in /bb2): If new posts are added to a thread while you're in the act of composing a reply, your Preview or Submit is preceded by a popup alerting you to the change.
* Mystery Issue: I haven't figured this one out, but it has happened too often to blame it on sunspots. If I hit the wrong key in the wrong place while composing an answer, the whole Edit Post box-- not just its content-- disappears. (Action includes hitting Delete key, and it may result in post content ending up on clipboard. More than that I cannot say yet.) If the cause can be isolated, it can be fixed.
* there are a couple more things that I can't remember at the moment