Shaddows - 8:37 am on Nov 6, 2012 (gmt 0)
Not at all! It's the people saying there is nothing you can do to make Google like you, while simulteneously boasting of all the clients they have caused to recover.
Some features of the modern "Pro Spammer" or "SEO Tout" include:
- Tag team "big-ups"
- Sympathy Google hatred
- Constant mention of "clients" who have now recovered
- Frequent suggestion that no one can understand Google
- Permission to be penalised*
- Pretending to have all the answers (but hiding behind "no one can understand Google" if challenged)
- Label anyone who shows signs of success in Google as a Fanboy
- Label anyone who suggests diversifying away from Google as an idiot ("Google is the internet")
Some perfectly innocent people display some fo these signs. Some spammers don't do them all. That is the insidious effect of Pro Spammers, they poison a forum and look like real members. And in a polite space like WebmasterWorld, you can't really call people on it.
*As in, it's not your fault you are penalised because
- Not your fault you bought links / everyone buys links / you must buy links
- You shouldn't be penalised for using an SEO in the past who bought links for you
- "Legit" things are now penalised
- You might not have done anything wrong, and might be subject to negative SEO